This is a complete guide on how to fix FaceTime not working for certain contacts on iPhone, iPad and Mac computer. If you’re among those facing this issue, then’ this content will be very helpful to you. I will tell you reasons FaceTime isn’t working for certain contacts and how to resolve it.
As we all know, FaceTime is a very standard video and audio chat App developed by Apple. It can be used across various platforms and other manufacturers are allowed to leverage FaceTime protocol.
READ NOW – Best Way To Fix “Face ID After Water Damage
ALSO READ – How To Fix TrueDepth Camera Not Working iPhone
However, FaceTime Application is only available for iPhone, iPad and Mac computer users. The App is built-in your iPhone, iPad and Mac computer, hence you can only contact those using the same phone brand.
How To Set Up FaceTime On iPhone, iPad And Mac?
Before you can be able to use FaceTime video and audio chat, you have to sign up for an account. However, you can easily do this within few minutes and start twerking the hot deal. Follow the below steps to sign up for a FaceTime account using your Apple iPhone, iPad or Mac computer;
- Open your iPhone Settings App.
- Scroll down and find FaceTime, tap on it.
- Toggle with switch to turn it on, must appear green.
- Enter your Apple ID for FaceTime, and click on Sign In. Or rather tap Use Other Apple ID and enter the details you would like to use.
- Choose phone number or email address you would like people to reach out to you with on FaceTime.
- Turn on FaceTime Live Photos, if you want to allow people to take your live photos during FaceTime calls
Why FaceTime not working for certain contacts?
Definitely you’re anxious to know the reason FaceTime doesn’t working for certain contacts and how to resolve this issue.
FaceTime may not work for one person or certain contacts in your phone for some reason.
- Check if the person or contact turned his or her FaceTime Application on.
- The contact may have technical or software issues hindering it from connecting to FaceTime video or audio chat.
- Check if it’s from your end, by making a FaceTime video or audio chat with another user.
- Finally, the person may not be using iPhone, iPad or Mac computer.
Since FaceTime is for Apple product users, the person or contacts you can chat with this App must be using iPhone, iPad or Mac.
Now that you have seen why FaceTime isn’t working for certain contacts, hopefully you can resolve it without being told? Anyways, let me still show you how to fix it issue.
How To Fix FaceTime Not Working For Certain Contacts On iPhone
While iOS users enjoy this outstanding video and audio chat App, yet some isn’t using it because it may not work for all countries.
- Turn on your device Data to connect to the internet or use Wi-Fi. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time and turn on Set Automatically. Also make sure that’ the person or contact do the same.
- Check if your FaceTime App is turned on for video and audio chat. Also ask the person if his or her own is on as well. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that FaceTime is on.
- If after connecting both, it still didn’t work” turn off your FaceTime and wait for some time, then’ turn it on again.
- Update your device to the latest iOS version, the current version may be outdated.
- Lastly, restart your phone.
These are the steps to fix FaceTime not working for certain contacts on iPhone, iPad and Mac computer. I want you to take action immediately and give us feedback using the comment box below.